WISHING YOU A NEW YEAR FILLED WITH HEALTH AND HAPPINESS!!
Keep your Family Healthy through the season!
My kids are 18 and 16 and have NEVER been on an antibiotic!
We attribute our family’s healthy success to clean high quality holistic foods, creating healthy rituals, lots of love and gratitude and concoction!
Concoction: the most important healing tool for the wintertime blues!
How to make concoction: Click here!
Here are some other great remedies and daily rituals for your family’s improved health success in the new year!
1. PULLING: After you roll out of bed—before you even brush your teeth—practice the ancient Ayurvedic health remedy of oil pulling. The practice of pulling will improved mouth and gum health, weight loss, detoxification of liver and total body wellness. there are several studies that link oil pulling to improved health of the mouth, gums and teeth and over all detoxification.
To start oil pulling, place one to two tablespoons of coconut oil for summer and sesame oil for winter in your mouth without swallowing. These two oils are known for their antibacterial, antifungal and antimicrobial properties. After you have oil in your mouth, swish the oil around, through your teeth and around your gums. You might feel the urge to gag at first, but as you continue the practice you’ll get more and more comfortable. You should try to keep the oil in your mouth for 20 minutes, but you might want to start off with a few minutes at first and build up your time in increments.
I love to use my oil pulling time to meditate; I begin picturing all the toxins coming up from my liver into my mouth where they will be spit out! I practice meditative breathing and qi gong (moving energy throughout my body) while I am chewing on the oil.
“After the time is up, I spit the milky white substance in the toilet. What started off as a fresh spoonful of oil has now turned into a festering toxic mix of microorganisms. Be sure to rinse your mouth out with warm water and then go brush your teeth and scrape your tongue, I use hydrogen peroxide mouthwash…called HPM found in many health food stores.
2. PROBIOTICS: Before you eat anything take numerous kinds of gut flora, probiotics, and lactobacilli on an empty stomach to build the good bacteria in the gut, which is responsible for at least 80% of the immune system. Our good bacteria is seriously depleted due to our inflammatory life styles and the share amount of antibiotics and steroids we have consumed just in our food alone. Think about this…Every time you eat at a restaurant you are consuming a variety of herbicides, pesticides, antibiotic and steroids in the food. So load up on your good gut flora! This is especially helpful if you are planning on traveling outside of the country, you are much more susceptible to parasites from other countries if you are void of good bacteria.
3. HEALTH TONIC: Sip a tonic made of hot water and lemon and cayenne pepper. Sit quietly as you sip and set your intention for the day ahead of you. Alkalinizing your system with lemon first thing in the morning on an empty stomach also jump starts peristalsis, this is the ability to eliminate which is one of the most important components of our health so take time to make elimination a part of your morning ritual. According to Dr. Susan E. Brown’s book, The Acid Alkaline Food Guide, fresh lemon juice has an alkalizing effect on the body, which aids in higher health!
4. HERBS: Speaking of cayenne pepper, using this herb as well as Turmeric provides medicinal properties. These are common spices used in Indian curries and are easily found at any grocery store. It’s main component, curcumin, helps the body fight viruses and bacteria. I sneak a little turmeric into everything I cook for the kids, so they’re eating it several times a day. You may also take the supplement if you feel you cannot get enough into your food. This is a great anti-inflammatory as well!
5. THE POWER OF THE SEA: when the body is in perfect balance they are the exact same mineral content as the sea. We all take Pink Himalayan sea salt baths several times a week. Epsom Salt works as well and is very inexpensive. Sea salt is commonly referred to as magnesium sulfate, a natural mineral known to boost white blood cell production; it flushes the lactic acid out of muscles and detoxifies the body. Add a cup of salt to a hot bath and soak for at least 20 minutes. The pink Himalayan can be found online; I like the San Francisco Salt Company for their thirty-pound bags. It goes quickly – so get a large bag! The less expensive Epson salt can be found at Walgreens.
6. GARLIC: Its incredible medicinal properties have been known for thousands of years. Garlic fights toxins and kills bacteria and parasites. I add a clove of minced garlic to most of the dinners I cook. It can be found at any grocery store or is easy to grow in the garden. I don’t like to stink so I use Kyolic garlic; it’s my favorite for its potency and lack of burp and small factor. I use it every day as it fights yeast and improves circulation and cardiovascular health!
7. THE SUN: Natures perfect remedy that heals all is the sun, it can heal most common ailments. It produces endorphins, increases the number of white blood cells and provides life-giving energy to your organs. Sun is the best source of vitamin D. Being outside in the fresh air invigorates and boosts natural defenses. Fresh air and sunshine are readily available simply by going outdoors. And it’s free!
8. LOVE AND GRATITUDE: We don’t say it or hear it enough! Love is the best cure for anything that ails you. At our house we say, “I love you” anytime we say goodbye or hang up the phone. Sometimes I will say it at the end of a business call…a bit embarrassing but oh well, everyone can use a little extra love! The genes that control our immune systems are enlivened when we feel loved or when we project love. Love is the most powerful force in the world! A smile goes along way as well. something as simple and easy as a smile directed towards another person can brighten their whole day. Gratitude could be one of the most important things on the list because it is the great creator! If you have gratitude you can achieve seemingly insurmountable obstacles. Be grateful for where you are at this exact moment in time, have gratitude for the lessons even the toughest situations have brought you, whether you are considering the situation, person, place or thing, “bad” or “good,” bless it! Bless all that you have and more will continue to flow and move into a positive direction – even if you feel lack, find the blessings no matter how small. This is called expansive thinking, making room for more, more, more!
9. FOOD: Last but not least is FOOD! The priority of my life; I’d rather have great quality food than a new pair of shoes any day of the week!
The food and beverage choices you make in the morning can set the tone for your eating habits for the rest of the day.
A study performed by the Journal of the American Dietetic Association shows those who eat a healthy breakfast at least five days per week consume less calories during the day and jump-start their metabolism to burn more calories throughout the day.
Depending on the weather I like to start my day with a warming bowl of cream of brown rice or cream of quinoa or even a hot bowl of miso soup during the winter months and during the summer I will typically make a protein and vegie smoothie.
Some other great choices for breakfast include fruit smoothies (throw in a handful of kale or spinach to green it up), whole grain porridge, a veggies with scrambled organic eggs and I love the new macca, millet wheat and gluten free vans waffles with nut butter and banana or some B grade maple syrup with earth balance butter.
Enjoy your holiday morning with these delicious wheat & gluten-free pancakes: Click here!
Happy and healthy holidays to you and your family
Health, love and gratitude,
Denas Healthy U